A fire at 12 Mile burned a small trailer to the ground Thursday in the early morning hours, but no one was injured. Fire Chief Tim Buness said the department received a call around 1 AM and 31 volunteers responded. By the time the trucks arrived at the scene, the fire had “totally evolved” and nothing could be saved. He explained that trailers of that type tend to burn quickly, and it’s location so far from town meant that time was not in their favor.
Two people were in the trailer at the time of the fire. They escaped safely and called the fire department from a neighbor’s house. Buness said that because the trailer was completely destroyed they could not identify the cause of the fire, however the occupants said they think overloaded electric circuits caused it.