The full packet is available here.
WORK SESSION – 6:00 p.m. a. Alaska Municipal Sales Tax Authority
1. CALL TO ORDER a. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE led by Assembly Member Patty Gilbert b. CEREMONIAL MATTERS – None.
2. ROLL CALL
3. PERSONS TO BE HEARD
4. AMENDMENTS TO THE AGENDA
5. CONFLICT OF INTEREST
6. CONSENT AGENDA a. CONSENT AGENDA Item – Motion Only b. Assembly Minutes from the September 10, 2019 Regular Meeting c. CORRESPONDENCE – APEI Letter of Introduction d. CORRESPONDENCE – CTLLA CBW Written Comments
7. BOROUGH MANAGER’S REPORT a. Borough Manager’s Report
8. BOROUGH CLERK’S FILE a. Borough Clerk’s File
9. MAYOR AND ASSEMBLY BUSINESS 10. MAYOR AND ASSEMBLY APPOINTMENTS
11. PUBLIC HEARING
12. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
13. NEW BUSINESS a. Approval to Refund Overpayment of Property Taxes to Arnold and Alice Bakke b. RESOLUTION No 09-19-1488 OF THE ASSEMBLY OF THE CITY AND BOROUGH OF WRANGELL, ALASKA, DESIGNATING CANVASS BOARD DUTIES TO THREE ASSEMBLY MEMBERS FOR CANVASSING THE RESULTS OF THE REGULAR ELECTION TO BE HELD OCTOBER 1, 2019 c. Approval to hold a Special Assembly meeting to Certify the Oct 1st Regular Local Election d. Approval of Professional Services Agreement with JB Rewards Systems in the amount of $21,750 for the Employee Compensation & Classification Study, and Contingency Funding in the amount of $3,250 for a Total Project Budget of $25,000 e. RESOLUTION No 09-19-1489 OF THE ASSEMBLY OF THE CITY & BOROUGH OF WRANGELL, ALASKA AMENDING THE FY 2020 BUDGET IN THE GENERAL FUND BY TRANSFERRING $25,000 FROM GENERAL FUND RESERVES TO THE ADMINISTRATION PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ACCOUNT FOR THE EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION STUDY AND AUTHORIZING ITS EXPENDITURE f. Approval to Sole Source Purchase of Fire Pumper Truck from Hughes Fire Equipment/Pierce in the amount of $419,707 in Conformance with Wrangell Municipal Code Section 5.10.050 (I), and Authorize Contingency Funding in the Amount of $30,293 for a Total Cost up to $450,000 g. Approval to Use $240,000 of State of Alaska Hospital Grant for Construction of the Pharmacy in the new Wrangell Medical Center Campus h. RESOLUTION No 09-19-1490 OF THE ASSEMBLY OF THE CITY & BOROUGH OF WRANGELL, ALASKA AMENDING THE FY 2020 BUDGET IN THE CIP FUND BY ACCEPTING REMAINING FUNDS FROM THE STATE OF ALASKA HOSPITAL GRANT IN THE AMOUNT OF $567,340.47 AND AUTHORIZING ITS EXPENDITURE i. Approval of Alternative 4th Quarter Assembly Meeting Schedule j. Approval of Use of Maintenance Funding by Wrangell Public School District for HVAC Control System in the amount of $70,000
14. ATTORNEY’S FILE – Available for Assembly review in the Borough Clerk’s office
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION a. Executive Session: Mill Property Purchase Update b. Executive Session: Discussion of Legal Strategies Related to Collection of Moorage Fees