Come work with us as our
CoastAlaska has a rare opening for our Finance Director position. This is an executive level opportunity to work closely with the management team. CoastAlaska is a well established statewide collaborative. This is a good fit if you have a strong foundation in non-profit financial management, and you are interested in leading a team collaborating with public media stations in Alaska. The Finance Director will lead the finance department team and oversee all aspects of finance and HR at CoastAlaska.
What the work involves:
- Regular preparation of financial oversight documents and communications.
- Supervising the accounting and membership services team.
- Collaborating with the ED on accounting matters, financial updates, and strategic planning.
- Overseeing all investment and cash flow management, and liquidity requirements.
- Develop and prepare the annual operating budgets for all CoastAlaska functions.
- Establish and maintain practices and procedures, providing internal controls and audit trails in keeping with legal requirements and accepted accounting principles.
- Support personnel services including the maintenance of personnel and payroll related records.
- Serve as administrator of the 403(b) retirement plan.
- Supervise the maintenance of fixed asset records.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Broad expertise in financial management, especially non-profit accounting operations, GAAP, budgeting and performance monitoring, investment management, cash management, insurance, and compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation. Skill in supervising and evaluating the work of others, and ability to organize work distribution and communicate job tasks and responsibilities.
- Must enjoy attention to detail required to maintain the integrity of a dynamic accounting system. Knowledge of MIP is ideal.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting, a related field, or significant accounting work experience.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in financial management in Public Broadcasting, a non-profit company or a related field.
- CPA credential ideal but not required.
CoastAlaska is statewide organization supporting local public media stations with services to support their work in local community service.
Salary: Salary range begins at $90,000 plus benefits including health insurance and retirement plan.
To apply: Submit resume and references to applyFD@coastalaska.org.
CoastAlaska is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Women, Indigenous, Black, and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. We are a member organization of Public Media for All.