Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
It is the policy of CoastAlaska/KSTK to not unlawfully discriminate against a person in any aspect of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, training opportunities, promotions, other employment conditions and decisions to terminate, because of the person’s race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, or any other status protected under applicable law.
CoastAlaska Core Purpose: CoastAlaska Supports Public Media in Alaska
CoastAlaska Core Values:
- Inclusivity (actively working to reduce racism in our industry and communities, examining barriers to participation)
- Collaboration (pool resources, shared staff, resource management, shared knowledge base, sum greater than the parts)
- Adaptability (capable, leader, embrace what’s next, fun, challenging, exciting, innovative)
- Relevance (respond to inequities, changing technology, audience, emergency needs, new opportunities)
- Efficiency (economy of scale, not at expense of quality, workplace safety and culture, shared content and equipment,)
CoastAlaska, Inc Mission Statement
CoastAlaska, Inc. is a statewide public media collaborative supporting local entities providing news and community engagement. We achieve this by:
- Producing quality content that fosters a sense of belonging through creative programming and access for local voices.
- Working collectively to provide effective and efficient financial management and technical services.
- Promoting an anti-racist society and acknowledging our ancestors ownership and stewardship of these lands.
- Presenting multiple voices and viewpoints in the community.
- Promoting financial stability through effective resource management.
KSTK’S Mission Statement
Station KSTK, as a member of CoastAlaska, provides Wrangell, Alaska and the surrounding areas with quality public radio.
We achieve this by:
- Producing quality programming that enlightens and informs.
- Providing an alternative source of information and entertainment.
- Remaining non-commercial.
- Providing public access to the airwaves.
- Promoting multiple voices and viewpoints in the community.
- Ensuring KSTK’s financial stability through sound resource management.
- Promoting community involvement.