Join the Public Radio Team!
KSTK offers effective marketing for your business or organization through program sponsorship or “underwriting”. As a CoastAlaska member station, we reach beyond Wrangell’s listening area and offer opportunities 24 hours a day on local radio and streaming services around the region, as well as visual business representation on the web through web tile purchasing options. Business Members gain exposure before a wide audience which will enhance your business or organization’s visibility through the support of your public radio station.
What is Underwriting?
- Air your :30 second customized business radio message during any KSTK broadcast (Ex. News, Music Shows, All Things Considered, Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, etc.)
- Increase your business web presence and recognition through webtiles on KSTK.org or through KSTK’s social marketing campaign.
Announcements May Include the Following:
- Business Name
- Name brands, products and services offered
- Telephone number
- Web address
- “Value neutral” descriptions of the services you provide
- Underwriting credits may be up to 30 seconds in length on KSTK
Announcements May Not:
- Use calls to action (“Stop” on by)
- Use qualitative statements (“The only, the best…”)
- Give out price information (“Store wide Sale” “Holiday Discount Specials”)
- Give inducements to visit your business (Airline miles offered with every purchase)
Rates and Other Information
- KSTK’s standard rate is $16 per spot in rotation, $18 per spot in Prime Time .
- Spots can be rewritten and updated throughout the year. As the seasons change, your business may offer different products or services that you’ll want your customers to know about. We’re happy to change scripts for you at no extra cost.
- Your spot will air during any available program of your choice. We can also rotate your spot to air during different programs throughout the week.
- Payment plans are flexible. KSTK can invoice you monthly, quarterly or annually.
Other Business Sponsorship Options
- Sponsor a fundraising event (Ex. Art Auction & Dinner, Halloween Party, Chili Cook-off, etc)
- Support special broadcasts and special events (Ex. Derby Ladder, High School Basketball Broadcasting, etc.)
- Offer matching grants during KSTK’s bi-annual membership drives (April & October)
If you’d like to increase your customer base in a valuable way, please contact KSTK during regular business hours at (907) 874-2345 or email email@example.com to discuss how KSTK can elevate your business or organization through thoughtful, targeted marketing.
Businesses provide critical funding for the great radio you listen to every day on KSTK. If one of your favorite programs is supported by a local merchant, please tell them how much you appreciate it!
Underwriting and sponsorship is also available to 501(c)3 and government organizations.